If you are deploying Kubernetes on-premises in your datacenter, this is a talk and demo you won’t want to miss. Networking and security might not be the first things that come to mind, but without some understanding of the networking and security decisions you’ll need to make, and the right options for your environment, you’re likely to get stuck or make the wrong assumptions. These may limit your ability to scale or integrate with the rest of the datacenter network.
In this session you’ll learn:
- What networking and security aspects to consider and the pros and cons of each when standing up a Kubernetes cluster in your data center
- What configuration requirements to consider and when to choose the best options, e.g. what is KubeProxy and what mode should you run it in?
- How to install Calico with various Kubernetes installers, including a live demonstration using kubeadm
- What is IPAM, why is it important, and what benefits Calico provides
- How to use Calico Policy to implement on-premises Network Security architectures
A free trial of Calico Enterprise will be available after this session and you will be able to practice these learnings on your own within a pre-configured, hosted lab environment.