Now that everyone is moving more and more workloads to Kubernetes we need to talk about securing your K8s infrastructure. Default settings with a nice firewall at the edge is not going to cut it once you move out of test / skunkworks projects and into production.
Come to this all-day workshop to learn how to use Calico and Tigera Secure to secure your K8s clusters.
First we’ll learn the basics of K8s networking, then we’ll dive into the best practices to configure your K8s cluster for maximal network security and compliance. Finally in the afternoon, attendees will get hands-on experience securing K8s workloads using Tigera Secure – the best in class networking / firewall solution for Kubernetes in the marketplace. We will provide hosted lab infrastructure for attendees to use.
Attendees should bring a laptop with an SSH client to connect to our lab infrastructure.
Riverside Plaza | 10 S Riverside Plaza | Suite 800 | Chicago, IL 60606
Friday, October 11, 2019 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Morning Agenda: 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM
- How Kubernetes CNI and Network Policy Work
- Best Practices to segment and secure your cluster
- Security and hardening of your cluster
- Namespaces and Labels
- Network Policy Design
- Best practices to operationalize
- Integration with IAM
- Mult-tenancy and RBAC
Lunch – Informal discussion – 12:30 – 1:30 PM
Afternoon Agenda – Hands-on labs and lecture: 1:30 PM to 5:00 PM
- Building a secure cluster using Tigera Secure
- Segmentation and Cybersecurity (single node with K8s and Tigera Secure installed)
- Implement a zone-based architecture inside a Kubernetes cluster
- Controlling pod access to a database outside of the cluster
- Detecting advanced persistent threats within your cluster
F&B will be provided onsite & attendees will also receive sweet Tigera SWAG for attending.
We look forward to seeing you,