Save the date for SPIFFE Community Day, May 3rd in San Francisco!
Scytale is hosting the SPIFFE Community Day in San Francisco @ Pinterest (Google Maps)
Friday, May 3rd, 2019
9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Spike Curtis, Senior Software Engineer, Tigera
Spike Curtis is a software developer at Tigera. He co-leads the Istio Security Working Group, and contributes to SPIFFE specifications. He was also a core developer for Calico and worked on the initial integrations with Docker, Kubernetes and Mesos. He has spoken about cloud native security at many conferences including CoreOS Fest, MesosCon, Tectonic Summit, ContainerSched and most recently, KubeCon North America.
Tigera Talk: 11:35 -12:30
Transparent Service Authentication and Authorization With Calico, Envoy and SPIRE.
Early bird coffee & networking — 9:00 am PT
Agenda: (Official Start @ 9:30am PT / 12:30pm ET)
- 09:30–9:45: Opening Remarks & Community “one-sliders”
- 09:45–10:00: SPIFFE Vision & Roadmap
- 10:00–10:30: Project Updates (SPIFFE + SPIRE: What’s new?
- 10:30–10:40: Break
- 10:40–11:25: End User Talks: Deploying SPIFFE and SPIRE
— Tyler Dixon: SPIRE Scheduler Integration @ Uber
— Matthew McPherrin: SPIRE @ Square
- 11:25–11:35: Leveraging SPIFFE to bring Service and User Identity together — Nathanael Coffing
- 11:35 -12:30: Demos + Q&A
— Running SPIRE on Kubernetes
— Transparent Service Authentication and Authorization With Calico, Envoy and SPIRE
— Integrating Istio and SPIRE
— And more!
- Lunch/Networking @ 12:30 pm PT
Register here: https://blog.scytale.io/spiffe-community-day-may-3rd-overview-and-agenda-994d7fc43b84