For each Software Subscription that you purchase, Tigera provides you one or more of the following benefits:
- Access to the Supported Software.
- Access to updates, upgrades, corrections, security advisories and bug fixes for the Supported Software, if and when available.
- Access to Tigera Support Services for issues relating to Supported Software as described below.
1. Software Access and Software Maintenance
Software Access and Software Maintenance are generally provided to you through an internet-based electronic delivery mechanism such as a private repository or shared file access.
During the life cycle of Supported Software, the scope of Software Maintenance and Support evolves and, after a period of time, we discontinue Software Maintenance and Support for older versions of Software. The details of the Software Maintenance life cycle for specific Tigera products, including Major, Minor and Maintenance release schedules, are as set forth in the Tigera Support Portal.
2. Support from Tigera
To access and use Support, you must raise any issues via the Support Portal or 24×7 Support Procedures and provide Tigera with sufficient information to validate your entitlement to the relevant Support. The scope of the Support is based on the level (for example, Standard Support or Premium Support) and type of Subscription Services you purchased.
We do not provide support for Software that (a) you (or a third party) have modified or recompiled, (b) is running on a platform that is not a Supported Platform. You are responsible for testing the Software before deploying it in your environment. You should also backup your systems on a regular basis and have those backups available if needed for support purposes.
Tigera will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide Support in accordance with our Service Level Guidelines in Section 4 below.
Support is provided in the English language. Tigera’s Support telephone numbers and local standard business hours (“Standard Business Hours”) are 9am-5pm Pacific Time, Monday-Friday excluding standard public holidays.
3. Support from Tigera Authorized Business Partners
Some customers obtain support for their Supported Software from a Tigera Authorized Business Partner, in which case the Tigera Authorized Business Partner, and not Tigera, provides support to you. Sections 4 – 5 apply to you only if you have purchased Subscription Services provided by Tigera. If you have purchased Subscription Services with support provided by a Tigera Authorized Business Partner, Sections 4 – 5 do not apply to you and you should work with your Tigera Authorized Business Partner to obtain support services.
4. Service Level Guidelines
Support is available in one or more of the following support levels Standard Support (business day) or Premium Support (24x7x365 for business critical issues) with Tigera’s response times following the guidelines shown in the following table (“Service Level Guidelines”):
Severity levels are defined as follows:
- Critical: End User’s production system is down, causing critical impact to business operations if service is not restored quickly. No work around is available and End User is requesting round the clock assistance.
- Major: End User’s production system is severely degraded, impacting significant aspects of business operations. No work around is available.
- Minor: End User’s production system is degraded. Network functionality is noticeably impaired, but most business operations continue.
- Informational: Support request where there is no immediate impact on End User’s business operations, for example, where End User is asking questions or requesting information.
After the initial response, Tigera will provide status updates on the issue until (i) the issue is resolved; (ii) the issue is downgraded to a lower severity level (in which case status updates will be provided in accordance with the update guidelines applicable the new Severity Level); or (iii) the parties agree on an alternative update schedule.
The following notes apply to the above support guidelines:
- Times stated are Tigera’s target acknowledgment and ongoing response frequency for issues found with Supported Software.
- For issues dependent on third parties for resolving external issues, End User acknowledges that Tigera’s ability to respond to and resolve such issues will be dependent upon such third parties’ responsiveness.
- Critical issues must be raised via 24×7 Support Procedures in order to enable proper prioritization and tracking; problems raised via other channels shall not be treated as “Critical” whatever their perceived severity.
- Major issues may be raised via 24×7 Support Procedures or via the online portal. If raised via the portal without a 24×7 notification, then they will be handled during business hours and response times will be in business hours.
5. Support Contacts For the Software Subscriptions
You may contact Tigera through a limited number of designated employees (“Support Contacts”). You may designate up to the number of contacts determined by the subscription level you have purchased. We will provide Subscription Services to you solely by communicating during the coverage hours with the individual Support Contact(s) you appoint. For Premium Support, in order to receive 24×7 coverage for Critical or Major issues, you must provide a dedicated point of contact who will be available until the issue is resolved.
You may change your designated Support Contacts by notifying us in writing and giving us five business days to process the change. The Support Contacts should have “read and write” access to the necessary files, English language communication skills and relevant technical knowledge.
APPENDIX A – DEFINITIONS
“24×7 Support Procedures” means the telephone answering service made available to Premium Support subscribers and/or any other procedures that may be updated and communicated to End User from time to time to ensure timely 24x7x365 response.
“Supported Platforms” means those platforms identified on an Order Form as covered by an active support agreement, at the version levels as currently supported by Tigera.
“Support Contact(s)” is a person authorized by you to open support requests and/or contact Tigera support personnel
“Support Portal” means the password-protected website at https://support.tigera.io.
“Major Releases” (X.y.z) are vehicles for delivering major and minor feature development and enhancements to existing features. They incorporate all applicable defect corrections made in prior Major Releases, Minor Releases, and Maintenance Releases.
“Minor Releases” (x.Y.z) are vehicles for delivering minor feature developments, enhancements to existing features, and defect corrections. They incorporate all applicable defect corrections made in prior Minor Releases, and Maintenance Releases.
“Maintenance Releases” (x.y.Z) are vehicles for delivering defect corrections that are severely affecting a number of customers and cannot wait for the next major or minor release. They incorporate all applicable defect corrections made in prior Maintenance Releases.
Other capitalized terms have the same meaning as in the Tigera End User Subscription Agreement.