Security and compliance solutions for Kubernetes platforms acknowledged by Amazon Web Services
LAS VEGAS – November 27, 2018 – Tigera today announced that it is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner Network (APN) Launch Partner for the AWS Container Competency.
Achieving AWS Container Competency status follows a thorough assessment of Tigera’s technical capabilities including compliance with the AWS Well Architected Framework, the completeness of its container solution offerings, and their track record working with customers to successfully deploy those solutions on AWS.
Tigera’s solutions enable zero trust security and compliance for Kubernetes platforms, including Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (Amazon EKS). They comprise:
- Tigera Calico, a free and open source solution for Kubernetes network policy, that is pre-integrated with Amazon EKS
- Tigera Secure Cloud Edition (CE), a solution available on AWS Marketplace that allows development teams using Amazon EKS to easily meet internal security and compliance requirements
- Tigera Secure Enterprise Edition (EE), a complete solution for organizations deploying multi-cluster or hybrid architectures, or those needing enterprise management and policy controls
Following recent enhancements to Amazon EKS, Tigera Secure EE is now fully supported on both self-managed Kubernetes and Amazon EKS clusters, and adds enterprise-grade zero trust security and compliance capabilities including:
- Hierarchical policy controls with role-based access controls, to enable multiple teams to independently manage their respective security policies
- Tigera builds on Calico and Istio to provide both network and application layer security policies in a single unified Kubernetes-native policy for both traditional layer 3/4 firewall and layer 7 web application firewall capabilities
- Extensive flow logs for all application traffic including container context beyond what is possible with traditional network analysis tools or VPC flow logs
- Dynamic graphical visualization of network flows
- Intrusion detection, alerting and remediation