Welcome to the Calico monthly roundup: October edition! From open source news to live events, we have exciting updates to share—let’s get into it!
|Join us at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America 2023
We’re gearing up for KubeCon + CloudNativeCon 2023 in Chicago. Join us at booth #G13 for exciting Kubernetes security updates and pick up some cool new Calico swag!
|Customer case study: eHealth
Calico provides visibility and zero-trust security controls for eHealth on Amazon EKS. Read our new case study to find out how.
Evaluating container firewalls for Kubernetes network security
Learn why a traditional firewall architecture doesn’t work for modern cloud-native applications and results in a huge resource drain in a production environment.
The State of Calico Open Source: Usage & Adoption Report 2023
Get insights into Calico’s adoption across container and Kubernetes environments, in terms of platforms, data planes, and policies.
Open source news
- Read stories of Calico Open Source in action from our Calico Big Cats
- Share your Calico Open Source journey and win a $25.00 gift card – Your journey with Calico Open Source matters to us! Share your experience and insight on how you solve problems and build your network security using Calico. Book a meeting to tell us about your journey. As a thank you, we’ll send you a $25.00 gift card!
- Calico Live – Join the Calico community every Wednesday at 2:00 pm ET for a live discussion about learning how to leverage Calico and Kubernetes for networking and security. We will explore Kubernetes security and policy design, network flow logs and more. Join us live on LinkedIn or YouTube.
- Watch our CNCF presentation – Learn how to simplify building Kubernetes cluster-mesh with Calico Open Source. Watch here.
- Community meeting – Shape the future of Project Calico by attending the next monthly Project Calico community meeting on November 8th at 9:00 am PT. This event is online and brings you all the updates we are working on to help you with your cloud-native journey. Join the Zoom meeting.
- Join Calico Big Cats, Calico’s ambassador program, if you are interested in being a part of our community events and helping us grow the Calico community. Find out more.
- If you would like to contribute to the Calico Open Source community beyond GitHub, schedule a conversation to discuss event opportunities.
- Connect with us online:
- October 13, 2023 – Calico Enterprise 3.18.0-1.1 (Early Preview)
- September 29, 2023 – Calico Enterprise 3.17.2
- September 25, 2023 – Calico Enterprise 3.16.4
- September 11, 2023 – Calico Cloud 17.1.1
In the news
Check out recent Tigera-related coverage.
- Empathy In Design: Empowering Cloud Security Operators With Holistic Tools from TFiR
- Cyber Experts Share Top Trends and Tips for Cybersecurity Awareness Month from Global Security Magazine
- Cybersecurity Awareness Month 2023: Industry Experts Share Their Thoughts from VM Blog
- October Cybersecurity Awareness Month: Top 50 IT and Security Professionals Share their Strategies from CIO Influence
➔ To see all coverage and to read Tigera’s press releases, visit our Newsroom.
Hands-on experience at your pace. Use our self-paced tutorials to learn how to address common security and observability challenges for containers and Kubernetes.
Our Help Center is an important technical resource for users and customers of Calico Cloud and Calico Enterprise. The Help Center contains technical articles to help you install, configure and manage your Calico solution. Access the Help Center here.
Kubernetes security and observability: A holistic approach to securing containers and cloud-native applications – Learn why you need a holistic security and observability strategy for containers and cloud-native applications, and new cloud-native approaches for establishing security and observability for applications running on Kubernetes.
- Runtime security for containers: Detect threats by identifying anomalies in container behavior
- Enhancing AKS Security with Microsegmentation
- Enabling Workload-Level Security for Kubernetes with Checkpoint Firewall and Calico Egress Gateway
- Multi-VRF support for Egress Gateways using Calico
- Evaluating container firewalls for Kubernetes network security
- Calico for Financial Services: Top Use Cases
- Networking, security and observability for multi-cluster Kubernetes environments
- Using access controls for containerized workload protection
- Certified Calico Operator: Azure Expert – Gain experience using the Calico–Azure integration through hands-on labs. By the end of this course, you will know more about Azure cloud, as well as managed, self-managed, and hybrid cluster deployment using Calico in Azure.
- Certified Calico Operator: Level 1 – Understand how Kubernetes networking works, how to configure and manage a Calico network, and how to secure your cluster following today’s best practices.
- Certified Calico Operator: AWS Expert – Understand several options for deploying Kubernetes in AWS, examine how the default AWS networking works, learn how to configure and manage Calico in AWS, and how to secure your AWS Kubernetes cluster.
- Certified Calico Operator: eBPF course – By the end of this course, you’ll be able to run and modify simple eBPF programs, understand the deployment options and methods available with Calico’s eBPF data plane, and confidently deploy eBPF across multiple environment types.
That’s a wrap!
Thanks for reading this month’s roundup. Did something spark your interest? Would you like to provide feedback? You’re always welcome to contact us.
Ready to get started? Try Calico Cloud for free.
Join our mailing list
Get updates on blog posts, workshops, certification programs, new releases, and more!