Amazon Web Services (AWS) embeds Project Calico to provide network security for Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS) offering. Calico Enterprise provides deep network security for EKS as well as Kubernetes on AWS. Tigera is an Advanced APN partner and has been awarded the Container Competency.
Calico on Amazon EKS and Kubernetes on AWS
Calico networking is also an option for Amazon EKS. The Calico networking on Amazon EKS provides
- A high-performance pod network that is independent / separate from the underlying VPC network
- Advanced IP Address Management (IPAM) that uses the available IP address space very efficiently
The result is a network that efficiently scales to thousands of nodes, plus has Calico’s best in class network policy capabilities.
The Tigera team invented and are the primary maintainers of Project Calico. Tigera provides several commercial support options if desired.
Enterprise software and support that solves several common challenges to enterprise adoption use cases including
- Egress access controls to securely connect pods with cloud resources such as RDS and ElasticCache
- Enforcing and reporting on enterprise security controls required for compliance such as PCI DSS, GDPR, and internal policies
- Visibility and troubleshooting tools to avoid or quickly resolve connectivity issues
With Calico Enterprise you can manage security across multi-cluster environments that can span AWS as well as on-prem and multi-cloud across most Kubernetes distributions.
Get a free trial of Calico Enterprise on Amazon EKS
- eBook: Achieving Network Security and Compliance for Kubernetes on AWS
- On-demand webinar: Network Security and Compliance on AWS with Atlassian and Tigera
- Customer Interview: Monzo Achieves Network Security & Compliance Objectives on AWS
- Case Study: Thought Machine: Building a Secure FinTech Platform on AWS with Calico
- Case Study: Atlassian on AWS with Calico
- Calico on Amazon EKS announcement blog
- Press Release: Tigera Achieves AWS Container Competency
- Video: How to Implement Network Policy in Amazon EKS to Secure Your Cluster