Welcome to the Calico monthly roundup: July edition! From open source news to live events, we have exciting updates to share—let’s get into it!
Customer case study: Upwork
Using Calico, Upwork was able to enforce zero-trust security for its newly migrated containerized applications on Amazon EKS. Read our new case study to find out how.
Container security – Self-paced workshop
This self-paced tutorial is designed to help you prevent, detect, and stop breaches in containers and Kubernetes. Learn how to secure all aspects of your containerized applications—all at your own pace!
Open source news
- Calico Live – Join the Calico community every Wednesday at 2:00 pm ET for a live discussion about learning how to leverage Calico and Kubernetes for networking and security. We will explore Kubernetes security and policy design, network flow logs and more. Join us live on Linkedin or YouTube.
- CNCF webinar – Watch our CNCF on-demand webinar, Container and Kubernetes security policy design: 10 critical best practices, here.
- Calico eBPF and XDP – Learn how to implement eBPF security policies and XDP to achieve better performance in your Kubernetes cluster. Hands-on lab environment available here.
- Calico Wall of Fame – As a valued member of our Calico users community, we would like to feature you on our NEW Project Calico Wall of Fame. To participate, fill out the form here.
- The next monthly Project Calico community meeting will happen on on August 9th at 9:00 am PT. Join the Zoom meeting.
- Join Calico Big Cats, Calico’s ambassador program, if you are interested in being a part of our community events and helping us grow the Calico community. Find out more.
- If you would like to contribute to the Calico Open Source community beyond GitHub, schedule a conversation to discuss event opportunities.
- Connect with us online:
- June 6, 2023 – Calico Cloud June 2023 Update
- June 12, 2023 – Calico Enterprise 3.16.3
- June 16, 2023 – Calico Enterprise 3.17.0 – Early Preview
In the news
Check out recent Tigera-related coverage.
- What is cloud security? Fundamental guide from The New Stack
- Why is runtime security back in vogue? from Security Magazine
- Expert interview with Ratan Tipirneni, from Cybernews
➔ To see all coverage and to read Tigera’s press releases, visit our Newsroom.
Hands-on experience at your pace. Use our self-paced tutorials to learn how to address common security and observability challenges for containers and Kubernetes.
Our Help Center is an important technical resource for users and customers of Calico Cloud and Calico Enterprise. The Help Center contains technical articles to help you install, configure and manage your Calico solution. Access the Help Center here.
Kubernetes security and observability: A holistic approach to securing containers and cloud-native applications – Learn why you need a holistic security and observability strategy for containers and cloud-native applications, and new cloud-native approaches for establishing security and observability for applications running on Kubernetes.
- Implementing workload-centric Web Application Firewall (WAF) using Calico
- Turbocharging host workloads with Calico eBPF and XDP
- Audit and Compliance with Calico
- Build and secure multi-cluster CockroachDB using the Calico clustermesh: A step-by-step guide
- Certified Calico Operator: Azure Expert – Gain experience using the Calico–Azure integration through hands-on labs. By the end of this course, you will know more about Azure cloud, as well as managed, self-managed, and hybrid cluster deployment using Calico in Azure.
- Certified Calico Operator: Level 1 – Understand how Kubernetes networking works, how to configure and manage a Calico network, and how to secure your cluster following today’s best practices.
- Certified Calico Operator: AWS Expert – Understand several options for deploying Kubernetes in AWS, examine how the default AWS networking works, learn how to configure and manage Calico in AWS, and how to secure your AWS Kubernetes cluster.
- Certified Calico Operator: eBPF course – By the end of this course, you’ll be able to run and modify simple eBPF programs, understand the deployment options and methods available with Calico’s eBPF data plane, and confidently deploy eBPF across multiple environment types.
That’s a wrap!
Thanks for reading this month’s roundup. Did something spark your interest? Would you like to provide feedback? You’re always welcome to contact us.
Ready to get started? Try Calico Cloud for free.
Join our mailing list
Get updates on blog posts, workshops, certification programs, new releases, and more!