Welcome to the Calico monthly roundup: June edition! From open source news to live events, we have exciting updates to share—let’s get into it!
Customer case study: Box
Using Calico, Box achieved zero-trust security and policy automation at scale in a multi-cluster environment. Read our new case study to find out how.
Is your container environment compliant with NIST guidelines?
This assessment helps you compare your current security posture against the NIST Cybersecurity Framework and assess your readiness to detect and protect against cyberattacks.
Open source news
- Calico Live – Join the Calico community every Wednesday at 2:00 pm ET for a live discussion about learning how to leverage Calico and Kubernetes for networking and security. We will explore Kubernetes security and policy design, network flow logs and more. Join us live on Linkedin or YouTube.
- Calico Wall of Fame – As a valued member of our Calico users community, we would like to feature you on our NEW Project Calico Wall of Fame. To participate, fill out the form here.
- The next monthly Project Calico community meeting will happen on on July 9th at 9:00 am PT. Join the Zoom meeting.
- Join Calico Big Cats, Calico’s ambassador program, if you are interested in being a part of our community events and helping us grow the Calico community. Find out more.
- If you would like to contribute to the Calico Open Source community beyond GitHub, schedule a conversation to discuss event opportunities.
- Connect with us online:
In the news
Check out recent Tigera-related coverage.
- How to Protect Containerized Workloads at Runtime from The New Stack
- SBOMs – Software Supply Chain Security’s Future or Fantasy? from Security Week
- Mulligan Funding Deploys Calico Cloud to Achieve SOC 2 Compliance from Global Security Magazine
- Why is runtime security back in vogue? from Security Magazine
➔ To see all coverage and to read Tigera’s press releases, visit our Newsroom.
Hands-on experience at your pace. Use our self-paced tutorials to learn how to address common security and observability challenges for containers and Kubernetes.
Our Help Center is an important technical resource for users and customers of Calico Cloud and Calico Enterprise. The Help Center contains technical articles to help you install, configure and manage your Calico solution. Access the Help Center here.
Kubernetes security and observability: A holistic approach to securing containers and cloud-native applications – Learn why you need a holistic security and observability strategy for containers and cloud-native applications, and new cloud-native approaches for establishing security and observability for applications running on Kubernetes.
- Visualizing service connectivity, dependencies, and traffic flows in Kubernetes clusters
- How to detect and stop DDoS attacks in a Kubernetes environment
- Secure egress access with DNS Policy and NetworkSets
- How to secure Kubernetes workloads using Calico DNS Security Policy
- Case study: Calico enables zero-trust security and policy automation at scale in a multi-cluster environment for Box
- Understanding container security through the MITRE ATT&CK framework
- Definitive guide to container security and observability
- CISO’s security guide to containers and Kubernetes
- Certified Calico Operator: Azure Expert – Gain experience using the Calico–Azure integration through hands-on labs. By the end of this course, you will know more about Azure cloud, as well as managed, self-managed, and hybrid cluster deployment using Calico in Azure.
- Certified Calico Operator: Level 1 – Understand how Kubernetes networking works, how to configure and manage a Calico network, and how to secure your cluster following today’s best practices.
- Certified Calico Operator: AWS Expert – Understand several options for deploying Kubernetes in AWS, examine how the default AWS networking works, learn how to configure and manage Calico in AWS, and how to secure your AWS Kubernetes cluster.
- Certified Calico Operator: eBPF course – By the end of this course, you’ll be able to run and modify simple eBPF programs, understand the deployment options and methods available with Calico’s eBPF data plane, and confidently deploy eBPF across multiple environment types.
That’s a wrap!
Thanks for reading this month’s roundup. Did something spark your interest? Would you like to provide feedback? You’re always welcome to contact us.
Ready to get started? Try Calico Cloud for free.
Join our mailing list
Get updates on blog posts, workshops, certification programs, new releases, and more!