Welcome to the Calico monthly roundup: May edition! From open source news to live events, we have exciting updates to share—let’s get into it!
Customer case study: Rafay
Rafay achieved turnkey Kubernetes security using Calico on AWS. Read our new case study to find out how.
New guide: CISO’s security guide to containers and Kubernetes
This guide provides CISOs and other security decision-makers with an overview of container security, insights into securing Kubernetes landscapes and container-based applications, and why securing these technologies requires a unique approach.
Tigera Named Winner of the Esteemed Global InfoSec Awards during RSA Conference 2023
We’re excited to announce that we won the ‘Hot Company: Container Security’ category of the Global InfoSec Awards from Cyber Defense Magazine! Check out the full press release for more details.
Read the press release.
Open source news
- Calico Wall of Fame – As a valued member of our Calico users community, we would like to feature you on our NEW Project Calico Wall of Fame. To participate, fill out the form here.
- Flagsmith & Project Calico Interview – In this podcast, Ben Rometsch from Flasgsmith interviews Tigera’s Shaun Crampton about his experiences as a core developer on Project Calico. Listen here.
- Calico 3.26.0 – In this blog post, Reza Ramezanpour covers what’s new in Calico’s latest release. Read here.
- Community Spotlight Interview – Check out our latest interview with one of our Calico Big Cats, Saurabh Mishra. Read here.
- Public Cloud Kubernetes London Meet-Up – Join us in person on June 8th at 6 PM BST (London time)! We’ll be talking about Using Open-Source Software to Secure Cloud-Native Applications. For more information, follow Project Calico on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- OWASP Meet-Up Toronto – Join us at this hybrid event on June 15th at 6pm EST. If you are attending in person, you can find the venue details here. If you are joining virtually, join here.
- SUSECON 2023 – We’ll be at SUSECON Munich on June 20–22! Check out our joint presentation with SUSE Rancher on Implementing holistic security for containers and Kubernetes with Calico and NeuVector. For more information, follow Project Calico on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- The next monthly Project Calico community meeting will happen on June 14th at 9:00 am PT. Join the Zoom meeting.
- Join Calico Big Cats, Calico’s ambassador program, if you are interested in being a part of our community events and helping us grow the Calico community. Find out more.
- If you would like to contribute to the Calico Open Source community beyond GitHub, schedule a conversation to discuss event opportunities.
- Connect with us online:
In the news
Check out recent Tigera-related coverage.
- Utpal Bhatt, Tigera | RSAC 2023 from SiliconANGLE theCUBE
- Lessons From the Fortune 100 About Cloud-Native Application Security from Cybersecurity Insiders
- SBOMs’ Role in Open Source Security from Security Boulevard
- The top 20 zero-trust startups to watch in 2023 from VentureBeat
- Cloud-Native Architectures And Applications Have Increased The Attack Surface from TFIR
➔ To see all coverage and to read Tigera’s press releases, visit our Newsroom.
Hands-on experience at your pace. Use our self-paced tutorials to learn how to address common security and observability challenges for containers and Kubernetes.
Our Help Center is an important technical resource for users and customers of Calico Cloud and Calico Enterprise. The Help Center contains technical articles to help you install, configure and manage your Calico solution. Access the Help Center here.
Kubernetes security and observability: A holistic approach to securing containers and cloud-native applications – Learn why you need a holistic security and observability strategy for containers and cloud-native applications, and new cloud-native approaches for establishing security and observability for applications running on Kubernetes.
- What you can’t do with Kubernetes network policies (unless you use Calico)
- RSAC 2023 interview: Tigera talks cloud-native security on theCUB
- Community Spotlight series: Calico Open Source user insights from Saurabh Mishra
- Monitoring Kubernetes clusters activity with Azure Managed Grafana and Calico
- Overcoming Security Gaps with Active Vulnerability Management
- Tigera named as one of Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers in 2023
- How to integrate Calico Image Scanner with Argo CI/CD
- Detect malicious activity and protect your containerized workloads in Amazon EKS or AWS
- Kubernetes network security foundations: Get started on building your Kubernetes network security policies with Calico!
- Case study: Calico Enterprise empowers Aldagi to achieve EU GDPR compliance
- Make your FortiGate firewalls work with Kubernetes: How Calico enables Fortinet firewalls to secure Kubernetes workloads
- Achieving high availability (HA) Redis Kubernetes clusters with Calico Clustermesh in Microsoft AKS
- Case study: Calico on AWS enables turnkey networking and security for Rafay’s enterprise-grade Kubernetes Operations Platform
- Networking, security and observability for multi-cluster Kubernetes environments
- Definitive guide to container security and observability
- 7 security best practices for DevOps managing workloads in EKS
- Certified Calico Operator: Azure Expert – Gain experience using the Calico–Azure integration through hands-on labs. By the end of this course, you will know more about Azure cloud, as well as managed, self-managed, and hybrid cluster deployment using Calico in Azure.
- Certified Calico Operator: Level 1 – Understand how Kubernetes networking works, how to configure and manage a Calico network, and how to secure your cluster following today’s best practices.
- Certified Calico Operator: AWS Expert – Understand several options for deploying Kubernetes in AWS, examine how the default AWS networking works, learn how to configure and manage Calico in AWS, and how to secure your AWS Kubernetes cluster.
- Certified Calico Operator: eBPF course – By the end of this course, you’ll be able to run and modify simple eBPF programs, understand the deployment options and methods available with Calico’s eBPF data plane, and confidently deploy eBPF across multiple environment types.
That’s a wrap!
Thanks for reading this month’s roundup. Something sparked your interest? Got feedback? You’re always welcome to contact us.
Ready to get started? Try Calico Cloud for free.
Join our mailing list
Get updates on blog posts, workshops, certification programs, new releases, and more!