We are happy to announce that the latest release of Calico Enterprise delivers unprecedented levels of Kubernetes observability! Calico Enterprise 3.5 provides full-stack observability across the entire Kubernetes environment, from application layer to networking layer.
With this new release, developers, DevOps, SREs, and platform owners get:
- A live, high-fidelity view of microservices and workload interactions in the environment, with the ability to take corrective actions in real time
- An easy-to-understand, action-oriented view that maintains correlations at the service, deployment, container, node, pod, network, and packet levels
- Kubernetes context for easy filtering and subsequent analysis of traffic payloads
- A Dynamic Service Graph representing traffic between namespaces, microservices, and deployments for faster problem identification and troubleshooting
- An interactive display that shows DNS information categorized by microservices and workloads, to determine whether DNS is the root cause of application connectivity issues
- The ability to customize the duration and packet size for packet capture
- Application-level observability to detect and prevent anomalous behaviors
For more information, see our official press release.
Are you a Calico Cloud user? Not to worry—these same features are now available in Calico Cloud, too.
To learn more about new cloud-native approaches for establishing security and observability with Kubernetes, check out the early release of this new O’Reilly eBook, authored by Tigera.