Welcome to the Calico monthly roundup: September edition! From open source news to live events, we have exciting updates to share—let’s get into it!
Transforming Container Network Security with Calico Container Firewall
Discover how you can automate security, ensure consistency, and tightly align security with development practices in a microservices environment.
The State of Calico Open Source: Usage & Adoption Report 2023
Get insights into Calico’s adoption across container and Kubernetes environments, in terms of platforms, data planes, and policies.
Open source news
- Share your Calico Open Source journey and win a $25.00 gift card – Your journey with Calico Open Source matters to us! Share your experience and insight on how you solve problems and build your network security using Calico. Book a meeting to tell us about your journey and where you seek information. As a thank you, we’ll send you a $25.00 gift card!
- Calico Live – Join the Calico community every Wednesday at 2:00 pm ET for a live discussion about learning how to leverage Calico and Kubernetes for networking and security. We will explore Kubernetes security and policy design, network flow logs and more. Join us live on LinkedIn or YouTube.
- Calico Networking for Microsoft Azure – Learn technical differences between different Azure networking options for Microsoft AKS environments and tradeoff analysis. Read blog post.
- Join Calico Big Cats, Calico’s ambassador program, if you are interested in being a part of our community events and helping us grow the Calico community. Find out more.
- If you would like to contribute to the Calico Open Source community beyond GitHub, schedule a conversation to discuss event opportunities.
- Connect with us online:
- September 15, 2023 – Calico Enterprise 3.15.4
- September 11, 2023 – Calico Cloud 17.1.1
- September 5, 2023 – Calico Cloud 17.1.0
- August 8, 2023 – Calico Enterprise 3.17.1 – General Availability
In the news
Check out recent Tigera-related coverage.
- Scaling, Security Driving Adoption of Calico Networking Software from Cloud Native Now
- What is Cloud Security? Fundamental Guide from TechRepublic
- Top Container Networking and Security Priorities in 2023 from CIO Influence
➔ To see all coverage and to read Tigera’s press releases, visit our Newsroom.
Hands-on experience at your pace. Use our self-paced tutorials to learn how to address common security and observability challenges for containers and Kubernetes.
Our Help Center is an important technical resource for users and customers of Calico Cloud and Calico Enterprise. The Help Center contains technical articles to help you install, configure and manage your Calico solution. Access the Help Center here.
Kubernetes security and observability: A holistic approach to securing containers and cloud-native applications – Learn why you need a holistic security and observability strategy for containers and cloud-native applications, and new cloud-native approaches for establishing security and observability for applications running on Kubernetes.
- Analyzing EKS cluster data with Calico and SIEM to detect threats and improve security
- Policy-based routing with Egress Gateways
- Transforming Container Network Security with Calico Container Firewall
- OWASP Top 10 for Kubernetes: How to protect your environment from OWASP top 10 attacks
- Getting started with vulnerability management using Calico Cloud
- Networking, security and observability for multi-cluster Kubernetes environments
- Using access controls for containerized workload protection
- 7 security best practices for DevOps managing workloads in EKS
- Certified Calico Operator: Azure Expert – Gain experience using the Calico–Azure integration through hands-on labs. By the end of this course, you will know more about Azure cloud, as well as managed, self-managed, and hybrid cluster deployment using Calico in Azure.
- Certified Calico Operator: Level 1 – Understand how Kubernetes networking works, how to configure and manage a Calico network, and how to secure your cluster following today’s best practices.
- Certified Calico Operator: AWS Expert – Understand several options for deploying Kubernetes in AWS, examine how the default AWS networking works, learn how to configure and manage Calico in AWS, and how to secure your AWS Kubernetes cluster.
- Certified Calico Operator: eBPF course – By the end of this course, you’ll be able to run and modify simple eBPF programs, understand the deployment options and methods available with Calico’s eBPF data plane, and confidently deploy eBPF across multiple environment types.
That’s a wrap!
Thanks for reading this month’s roundup. Did something spark your interest? Would you like to provide feedback? You’re always welcome to contact us.
Ready to get started? Try Calico Cloud for free.
Join our mailing list
Get updates on blog posts, workshops, certification programs, new releases, and more!